Uninstalling Trend Micro Security and older programs for Windows using the Diagnostic Toolkit
- Solution ID:1105809
- Last Updated:Nov. 02, 2018 2:52 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2017;2018, 2019;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;
- Uninstalling using Diagnostic Toolkit | Trend Micro Security
This article helps you uninstall previous and latest versions of the Trend Micro Security program for Windows using the Diagnostic Toolkit.
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
We recommend that you print out this document or bookmark this page before proceeding because you will be asked to restart your computer during the procedure.
To uninstall your Trend Micro Security on your Mac computer, refer to this Knowledge Base article:
Uninstalling Antivirus for Mac
To uninstall Trend Micro Security using the Diagnostic Toolkit, do the following:
- Open the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit. Do the following:
- For Windows 10:
- Click Start > All Apps > Trend Micro Security > Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
- For Windows 8.1:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows Windows Key + C to open Charms bar.
- Click Search.
- On the Search box, type "Trend".
- Click Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
- For Windows 7:
- Go to Start > All Programs > Trend Micro Security > More Tools and Help > Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit
- For Windows 10:
- Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Click the (C) Uninstall tab.
- Click 1. Uninstall Software.
You may disregard the Windows notification saying to use the Control Panel to remove the program.
Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit will remove all Trend Micro related files from your computer which the Control Panel might have missed.
- Click Yes when asked to confirm the uninstallation.
- Copy your serial number.
- Tick I copied my serial number, then click Uninstall.
- Click Yes when asked to restart your computer.
HAVING PROBLEMS REMOVING TREND MICRO?
If issues are encountered during the uninstallation of the Trend Micro program, remove any leftover Trend Micro files from affected computers by running the Trend Micro File Remover Tool.
The Trend Micro Remnant File Remover Tool removes all remnant Trend Micro files and also fix permissions issues.
For complete instructions on how to run the Trend Micro File Remover Tool, refer to this Knowledge Base article:
Using the Trend Micro Remnant File Remover Tool.